Thursday, March 26, 2015

Temple Open House

In October the new Phoenix Temple was open to the public before it was dedicated.  I wasn't able to volunteer to help with the open house as much as I wanted, but I did do parking duty a few saturdays.  I loved directing people and thankfully the weather was great.  The only thing that killed was watching other volunteers get to drive around on the golf carts, cause it looked so fun.  Thankfully I always had good buddies there while I was there so the time went by fast.  



I invited my whole work team to go through the temple on our lunch.  We had a fun ride over talking about how there is no way they could ever pay tithing.  During the video part, we kind of had a crying baby, but walking through the temple was really cool.  The first time I went through was at night, so it was cool to see the temple during the day.  Im very blessed to work at a place where we can talk about the church and what we believe.  You cant beat a work lunch at the temple. 


I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the weeks I watched my friend Jen's kids while they volunteered at the temple. It was only a few tuesdays after work that I wrangled the kids into eating dinner, playing piano, cleaning up their sprinkles and getting to bed.  I was grateful for the time we got to spend talking about gatorade, them teaching me how to play mario cart, tuesday tacos/ice cream at burger king, Rita's and a drive by of the temple.


No comments: