Friday, September 12, 2014

Walk the Fight

At my work, there is this guy who rides around on a Segway.  He has Parkinson’s and there was a huge race that he wanted us all to participate in.  I usually don’t like to do extracurricular work activities, I mean I’m at work all week, it’s not like I want to do any work stuff on the weekend…but my grandma had Parkinson’s and Knight paid for our entry/donation so I figured why not.  Someone on my team couldn’t go, so I had my mom come with me.  I actually had the flu for a week before the event, so just waking up to go to the event was difficult and therefore, I just watched as my mom, boss and his son ran the 5k.  I’ve actually never done a 5k in my life, and don’t think I ever will!  It was for a good cause and glad I was able to support those who did run. 

The boss man and Alex

She came in like 8th place overall and like the 2nd girl! not too bad for the hundreds of people who came!

1 comment:

*JULIA* said...

Buy your mom some running shoes!!