Monday, September 15, 2014

Laughlin Vicki Lawrence

A while back, I got on this Carol Burnett show kick.  I watched a ton of youtube videos/interviews about the show.  In one of the interviews, Vicki Lawrence mentioned having a show she did, where half of it, she tells stories about the Carol Burnett show and the other half she comes out and does a show dressed as Mama.  I thought that could be fun to go to and looked up her website.  Sure enough she did have dates scheduled, but the closest she ever got to PHX was Laughlin.  Then I thought it would be a fun trip for my mom and Aunt Claudia too.  My aunt lives in Boulder City, NV, so on Friday morning we picked her up and then drove an hour down into Laughlin.  We had made pretty good time and with the time change, we were able to get some dinner at Chilis before the show.  I thought it was a fairly good show, I mean I had basically heard all the stories about the Carol Burnett show since I listed to all the interviews on youtube, but the Mama part was pretty funny and we were all laughing.  She also sang, the night the lights went out in Georgia…but she didn’t even mention Reba. 
The next morning we walked down to the mall and did a little shopping where my mom walked into the boot store and they all knew her by name! She walked out with new boots and I walked out with a new cowboy hat and a shotgun shell piggy bank, that counts your money and makes shotgun sounds.  We drove back into Vegas and stopped at a Café Rio for lunch and then had a little time to visit in Boulder before we drove back to Phx. 
On our way to Laughlin
Waiting in the long line to check into our hotel
 


No comments: