Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Martin Luther King Weekend

One of my good buddies Joe, moved to San Diego once he graduated from MMI.  He had Martin Luther’s Day off and decided to come visit us for the weekend.  I already had plans to go horseback riding with my family, but I actually got back just in time to ride on the back of Joe’s motorcycle.  On the way over, there was this moment where the lane ended and instead of slowing down slipping in behind the car, Joe goosed it and blew past the car, and it was awesome!!! We met  everyone downtown at Alice Coopers restaurant  for dinner.  Of course Will and Joe had to eat something crazy, so they ordered the 2 foot long hot dog, it was as long as Bennett was tall! It was fun to catch up with everyone and hear what was going on in everyone’s life.  My favorite part was getting to hold Bennett and the pina coloda kids smoothie I had!  







The next day was Sunday and I had to pick up some friends at the airport. As I drove back home, I noticed my front door open and thought it was kind of strange. I walked in to find Joe, mopping my floor!!! He had cleaned, did my dishes and then steamed the floors with my shark! I was so amazed and could not believe it!! What a man! We showered (not together) and then Joe came to his old stompin grounds, the deer valley singles ward! Everyone loved seeing him and we even stopped by the temple for a quick photo shoot before we met up for we had a dinner for Will’s Birthday. Joe made his famous macaroni and cheese and we had café rio sweet pork…Dinner was delicious, especially dessert! I made everyone take a test that would tell them the mission of their life, read from my 30th birthday book and then opened some gifts. The best part of the night was when Will looked up some old videos he made from when he was in high school and we seriously could not stop laughing. We had to watch them multiple times, cause we just couldn’t handle it! It was a super fun night and really made us miss getting to hang out like old times. 


Father Son Matching Camo shirts

Bennett finally gets his Camo blanket
 
 


No comments: