Sunday, February 5, 2012

2011 Year in Review: January


January was a rough start. I got released as Relief Society President and I was not ready for that change in my life. Thankfully only a day later I was off to La Jolla California and that helped take my mind off of things. Julia turned 30 and since she has major hook ups we were able to stay in a beach house for a few days. When we first got there, I kept hearing this loud thundering and wondered what the heck was making such a loud continuous sound. Then I realized we were so close to the ocean that it was the waves crashing. It was pretty dang amazing to wake up every morning to that sound. The weather was pretty amazing as well considering it was January. Highlights from this trip included boogie boarding for the first time(which I rocked at, especially since I did way better than Julianne who claimed to have gotten 3rd place in some competition), pink berry’s blood orange flavor (nothing will ever compare) and skinny dipping in the ocean for the first time(it literally wasn’t as cold as I thought it would be)!












I can't really remember, but I think keys got dropped in this hole, and Katie got them, but then again, I think it might have been Katie just jumped in a hole and we had to pull her out.




Best Wetsuit ever

I always won




Morning devotional

We made it to the garage sale, or the park in swap whatever Cindy thought it was...



Blood Orange



Farmers Market






Julia's birthday hug

Mary's indoor slide







And the indoor swing with Miles.




The beginning of the year was also the start of not having a job! A friend of mine has a metal shop so I got to work every once in a while cleaning the shop, taking apart rhinos and working a cnc machine to make parts. I loved it!

No comments: