Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homecoming-Saturday

We stayed up pretty late the previous night so we all kind of sleeped in on Saturday morning, some more than others! The plan was to go to Tucanos, shop for some jeans and then to the football game, but when I called to put in our reservation at Tucanos they a two hour wait! Though we were all disappointed, we preserved and decided on Zupas. I have not found a single place that has a sandwich anywhere close to the hawian bbq, it was perfect.


Jean shopping went pretty well except for my friends who all thought I should get jeans that strangled my thighs. They tried and tried, but I knew better. We finally found a pair that I liked and a skirt that even fit me from downeast. We had all been sharing the same fitting room and so when Ashley came in to ask me where the jeans were that I was going to get, I didn’t hesitate in telling her. I thought she was just being helpful in grabbing them for me, but oh no she went to the registar and bought the jeans and skirt for me. It wouldn’t have been so bad except that when I realized what she was doing, I busted out of the dressing room not fully dressed with my long johns on trying to catch her.


Our next event was the football game. I had been trying to get tickets to the game the whole time I was up there. ESPNs college Game Day show was being taped in Provo, so not only was it homecoming but the whole town was pumped for the ESPN show, which made finding a ticket really hard. They were on craigslist for 40-85 bucks. It started raining as we were driving home and I was so thankful. I knew that people wouldn’t want to be in the rain to watch a football game, even if we were playing TCU. I immediately started texting people and though many, yes many believed that I couldn’t get a ticket for 10 dollars, I totally did. We went to where Lionel, Ashley and Cristy were and they had basically amazing seats. The game wasn’t horrible until the second half when we really just started making stupid mistakes. It was so so cold, that we left a little early, we had a group date to prepare for.





Pumpkin Helmet
We wanted to go to the haunted corn maze at Thanksgiving point, but to ask a blind date that we all probably wouldn’t see again to spend 16 bucks on a ticket seemed a little out of control. Instead we opted for the one in pleasant grove that was only 8 bucks a ticket. Right before we left, Sarah got a boot! On the ride to the corn maze we got to dance in the car, and it was basically amazing.


The corn maze was pretty cold, but eventually after many dead ends we were able to find our way out! They had little games to play outside so we danced, roped, jumped, threw bean bags and played in a corn box. Back at the apartment Sarah made us cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate!

My roommates who had been fasting were incredibly tired, but I still made them do some dances before we went to bed.


2 comments:

Kara said...

That was sick you guys were being dead serious.

Ashley Gooch said...

well we were performing...nothing but the best for the camera!