Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homecoming-Sunday

Sunday was the day we had been waiting for, it was the day we would get to wear our matching dresses. In church I got introduced as Bree, our old roommate who bought us matching dresses. Everyone loved them, and especially my roommates because they are so dang comfortable. We have decided that every year we are going to get matching clothes for pictures.




(we all loved the pockets)

My last and probably most significant part of the trip had to do with my roommates roommate, Cherry. She is an exchange student from China. I haven’t had the best experiences with international students and maybe that’s why Cherry is so special. We basically love everything she tells us, I asked her one day, what is your favorite thing about me? And she said, you very curious and clever and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Hailey taught Relief Society on Sunday and it was their fast Sunday so she left some time for testimonies. I’m not sure any of us thought Cherry would get up and share. I forgot to mention that Cherry is not a member of the church, but has been meeting with the missionaries. She started by telling us when she first talked to Ashley she saw the glory and light on Ashleys face when she talked about God. Then she told us about how she was at the MTC and they showed us her the first edition of the Book of Mormon and how her heart shivered and her face was flush and that she knew what was in the book was the truth. She spoke about how in her culture they don’t know a god, but that now that she knows that there is a God that he will be with her forever, that she is not hopeless anymore and will never be alone because he will always be there. Needless to say by the end all of us were crying, well except Cristy who said that she was crying in her heart.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Fun trip!!!! I thought the matching dresses were for Christmas??

Shelly Rowlan said...

Do those dresses come in anything but xS super petite? Well, Cindy way to give away what all our christmas presents are going to be.
Bree--I'd like the blue one. Make sure it is long enough.

Cute pics. Cute roommates.

*JULIA* said...

These last couple posts are simply amazing to me....
I am amazed at how many poses and pics you can talk your friends into taking, how you all willingly go out in these matching dresses that I wish I never wore when i was with you . I am also amazed that someone would think to set up a camera to be able to see themselves dance. MULTIPLE TIMES!!! amazing........

sometimes I don't understand why were friends but then I remember the gummy bears.

Becky said...

Cute dresses, cute girls. Oh to be young again! So why haven't you added my blog to your bloglist, Huh? Am I not special enough?