Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spoiled Christmas Kids

I never believed I was spoiled until this Christmas. I helped plan a Christmas Angel type activity with the singles branch and I was truly taken back when I realized how little some of these kids were getting for Christmas. It almost didn't make sense to me that a child would wake up to only two gifts to unwrap on Christmas morning and I mean if they did only have two gifts, then they for sure must be getting some cash too. Well of course they weren't, so I worked really hard to make each kid have more then a few gifts to open. So needless to say, I felt incredibly spoiled this year, and I never admit that, I tend just to expect to be spoiled. But my mom did spoil all of us this year. The little boys were of course spoiled too. Every year since Ive been home I feel like they get everything under the sun and this year was no different. In my effort to make sure the little boys didn't get 500 different toys, I decided to make them blankets. It was a fabulous idea until I realized my time to finish them was slowly diminishing. I ended up having to stay up literally all night to get them done on time.
On Christmas day, my dad's family came over for dinner. He has 10 brothers and sisters so its always an event to have almost everyone together. I wish I would have had a note pad to take notes of all the funny things they say. My favorite quote of the night was of one of my aunts who told the story of when she was babysitting my twin 2nd cousins. She took them to Walgreen's for a treat and the 5 year old girl was being a pill I guess, so she told her "I'm gonna beat your A$$!" It was pretty hilarious.
Court got the new G2 Rip Stick
Billy got a new bike
Casey got some Costco sized A1 sauce cause he never has enough
Court's blanket
My mom always makes us hug each other after we open their gift.
Mom got a new tv for her room
It wouldn't be an Overfield Christmas without some Jeff Gordon gifts
And then our family got the wii and wii fit!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

OK. I am SO impressed that you made those blankets. So, so cute! Oh and you looked like you were enjoying that hug your mom "made you" do. :)

Krista said...

I have to agree with my mom... you did a GREAT job on those blankets!!!! You're so good to those boys!!

Cindy said...

Bree, so many talents!! Sewing??? I didn't realize. I'm thinking the 4th years can make blankets in their spare time!!! Love them!!!

*JULIA* said...

Is Jeff Gordon married to Reba or something??

You guys did get spoiled on christmas!

katie said...

Geez Bree...you have been holding out on us...those blankets are awesome...I think I know what I am giving next year : )