Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cowgirls Don't Cry

Reba wasnt nominated last night at the CMAs (thats country talk for country music awards) but she was in the audience and preformed with Brooks and Dunn. My favorite Narvel was there and flip, he doesnt age, he looks the same as he did when I was in 8th grade! Most of the show was pretty good, I absoletly loved when Lady Antebellum won best new artist. You see the girl singer in that band, Hillary Scott is Linda Davis' daughter. For those of you who dont know, Linda Davis sang Does he love you with Reba and actually won the best vocal collaboration at the CMAs. I'm sure no one else is like this, but basically if someone pays respect to Reba in their speech (everyone should) then they are good on my list. So I was hoping Hillary would say something about how Reba helped her mom with her career but I think they were all so shocked that they won that she forgot. Anyway, back to Reba, she sang a song with Brooks and Dunn called Cowgirls Don't Cry, which Ronnie and Kix (country talk for Brooks and Dunn) wrote about Reba. Well the performance was phenomenal and when I say phenomenal I mean it was so amazing that I was flalying my arms about and knocked over a whole bottle of water all over my floor. It was so good that I didn't pick it up because I was so enthralled with the show. I put up this youtube link so yall can watch it too, I've rewatched it about 25 times, especially the end when Reba sings by herself.(2.33) And guess who has screamed every single time with the audience when Reba starts to sing like she is there?-RGF-thats me!



I tried to find a picture of them from last night, but literally he looked just like this last night, even though shelby is almost in college now.

4 comments:

Shelly Rowlan said...

I missed the CMAs? How did this happen? I heard it on the radio all day while they were in Nashville getting ready for the big night. Then I just forgot to watch it. Too bad Reba won nothing--but then she's probably already won every single award anyway--so she needs a down year. "Let some of the other young ladies exhibit." (That's a "PRide and Prejudice" quote and like most of Jane Austen, so applicable even today.)

Ashley said...

Wow Breba, that was good. I got goosebumps starting at 2.33. Amazing. And Shelly, loved the P & P quote - Jane knows all!!!

Krista said...

That was good!! I also had goosebumps when Reba sang the very end!!!

Tara said...

That was awesome! Goosebumps at 2.33!!!