Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Roommate Reunion 2013

In 2010, we had our first roommate reunion. I had just bought my house and all my roommates traveled down to AZ, since we wouldn’t have to stay and pay for a hotel. My 30th birthday was coming up and we had all started talking about getting together again. We decided on my house again, since it would be cheaper not to have to pay for hotel rooms. 3 years later meant we had a few more additions and there was a total of 13 of us including babies! The month previous to everyone coming to visit, I knew I needed to go to the temple and asked my roommates if they would be opposed to going to the temple during our reunion. Of course they all were super excited and were happy to be there with me and I was super grateful. Most flights came in on Thursday and in between a few flights, I had planned to go down to the temple to purchase temple clothes etc. Ashleys husbands family lives in AZ so most hung out there while a few went to the temple with me, and then to pick up the next batch of incoming flights. It was around 7pm when we found out that Jessica had missed her flight out of Idaho. It was so sad, and we figured she wouldn’t be able to make it at all, which was even more upsetting because she was on her mission when we had our first roommate reunion! But she ended up driving hours and getting a morning flight into Phoenix just in time to make it to the temple the next morning! It cost close to 1000 dollars for her to come, but it def wouldn’t have been the same without her!!!
The twins meeting for the first time
Erica trying to imprint Kasyn

So Friday morning started incredibly early since we had to wake up and drive to mesa.I left with my mom, since I had to be there an hour early and then two more cars travelled over to the temple, one car load picking Jessica up at the airport as well as dropping babies off to be babysat.It was def amazing to have all of their support. It was a hard thing for me to do and I had many people there, that I won’t ever forget.After the temple we went to Tia Rosa’s and had lunch and then travelled over to Ikea.After Ikea it was off to Last chance and then to a newly opened outlet mall.After travelling and from one shopping spot to another, we kinda all did our own thing for dinner and then made it back to my house.
Ikea

Shopping at the outlets

Saturday morning we took our time getting up and a few of us went across the street to play tennis and then to play racquetball at the req by my house. While another group went back to the outlet malls again to do some more shopping. We all met back up and then got ready to go to dinner at one of our favorite places Oreganos! We had a whole backroom to ourselves and had 3 pazookies. Then we drove back to the house and watched the relief society general broadcast. 

Cris hit herself in the face and got a bloody nose






Waiting at Oreganos


Watching the RS broadcast



Testing out the new firepit
Sunday was another relaxed morning getting ready for church at 1pm. They all came to my singles ward and then we came home, ate fairly quickly and then got ready for our photo shoot.  We had the ultimate birthday dessert celebration. I made handouts where we wrote down our favorite memories or characteristics of everyone and then we went around the table, for like 3 hours sharing and laughing hysterically about crazy moments of our lives. 

Preview of the photo shoot

Not on purpose, both Cris and ash brought halloween pajamas for the boys and clearly all of us wanted pictures with both of them
Monday was the worst day, because it’s when everyone left. Again we had one group with early flights that we had to say goodbye to and then the second group got to stay a little longer, so we started cleaning the house and doing laundry etc. I think they played a few rounds of nertz and I got to spend some time with Kasyn who I had never met prior to the trip. I dropped the rest of the clan off at the airport and came home to a very very quiet house.... still so crazy that all 13 of us were able to get together and very thankful they were here as I turned the big 3-0. And we can’t wait for another 3 years to get back together again…we are thinking a cruise for sure!
My two God sons before they left....Mags was asleep

No comments: