Monday, February 25, 2013

TUC

The day I left for BYU homecoming our site leader gathered us all in a room and told us our department would no longer exist come Monday.  Obviously not the best news right before vacation.  He explained the underwriters would be moved to different regions within the site.  I dont know that I was scared immeadiatly but we were all taken by surprise since our department was dominating.  It was quite the shock.  Thankfully both of my managers came to me and said not to worry that the other regions were fighting over me being on their teams.  I left on my trip still scared, not sure what it would be like when I returned and also thankful that I did still have a job.  On my return I took probably 2 weeks to clean up TUC, finish the billing reports, get the files taken care of etc.  And then I was told I would be going to Region 18, the number 1 region in the nation, they love to say that.  They trained me in about 4 hours and then I was covering 2 teams.  By the second day, I knew I wouldnt be able to handle the new job.  All I seemed to do was print files all day, and I can do more than just print files.  I met with the AUCM and we discussed the fact that I was doing way more in TUC and wanted to move to the closing department.  They agreed since another region was already trying to get me on their closing team.  As of now Ive been shadowing in the afternoons until my replacement can go full time.  So far I think its fun and hopefully will give me more opportunities for growth in the future. 

No comments: