Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hailey's Wedding

I got to spend some time up in Idaho this year.  It wasn’t till I was sitting in the shop and Tammy said, when was the last time you got your hair done, that we realized it had been basically 2 years since I had been up there.
Just as soon as I landed and got into town I was taken horseback riding with Papsy (Kyle-Hailey’s dad) and Jeff. We went up just a little ways from the house and got to enjoy some beautiful weather.  The craziest part about the whole thing was how late the sun stayed out.  We were out riding and it was basically 9:30pm at night, but it seemed like 6pm!  We came off some pretty steep hills and it was a lot of fun.  Granted, I really wish I would have worn cowboy boots- I love my toms but they just are not the best when it comes to taking a horse down off a mountain.  Let’s just say the pedicure I got the next day was close to torture cause of all the bruises I got from the ride on my shins.  I also loved how slow Papsy and Jeff talked, it was kind of funny because I never knew if they were done with a story or not, cause they would pause for like 2 minutes in between finishing another sentence!

Jeff and Papsy
 If you look closely you can see a little white speck, its a cross.  I asked Papsy if he knew what happened and then he told me how this guy pushed his wife over the edge for insurance money.




 The next day all the girls headed to the nail salon and we got our nails done.  I hadn’t had a pedicure in more than 2 years-cause the last time I got one was before Ashley’s wedding even!  After our nails were done, we just worked on wedding stuff.  We picked up doors in Emitt, got last minute stuff at the dollar store, I had to get Hailey’s bachelorette party gift. 


 I begged my man to take me on a romantic sunset scooter ride. It was freezing!

The last time I was up in Idaho, Jamie wanted to get a spray tanning machine.  Well in the course of 2 years she got one and now spray tans people all the time!   Of course I wanted to try it out to see if I wanted to buy one but I was a little scared.  I was worried that it would be super orange, be all greasy and gross and smell…but guess what- it was amazing. All the girls got spray tanned in the garage and were standing half naked in the kitchen eating and kept having to yell at the boys to stay out!

Starting the game that changed our life
 I really thought the bachelorette party was going to be pretty normal, but it turned out crazy as usual, and now that I think about it maybe the craziest…def one of the most eventful parts of the trip.  We opened gifts and I had a few games to play. I really thought they would be no big deal, but they turned into stories I will never forget in my whole life.  One involved drawing a face on a paper bag, putting it over your head and then during each round you take something off your body.  It could be jewelry, shoes, things out of your pockets etc.  Really, the first thing you can take off is the bag on your head-but if you’re like me you think the bag has to stay on and start taking your clothes off.   I def went the farthest when I was playing at a different party, by almost taking my pants off, but no one I think can ever beat Hailey’s missionary companion.  After the game was over, we ended up having a few guys come and dance-grossley…one being her brother Jake who had some sick moves.  One of the best parts was how dark Hailey looked and how we kept telling her she was going to look like an Indian bride for her wedding. 




 Friday was the big day.  The morning involved getting ready and then we all met at Costa Vida for lunch before we drove out to Twin Falls for the wedding.  Theres nothing better then getting to eat great food with friends-we def should have taken a pictures cause it’s the sorta thing I miss with all my roomies that we don’t get to do very often since we all live so far away.  

They did it!
  I drove with Matt and Jamie on the way to the temple.  Once we got there me and Shelby had a few of the little kids outside.  We took them on a walk and actually it didn’t seem like a horribly long time.  It was a little hot, but not super hot  and way better than when it was like below freezing for Ashley’s wedding.  We took some pictures and then we were off to the little place where we had the dinner.  Dinner was really good and it was good to sit with all my friends and just talk.
 How do we do it? Sick poses everytime


 I actually ended up driving home with them since I felt like I hadn’t spent very much time with them.  By the time we got home it was pretty late, but not too late to watch the Bachelorette together.  Ashley and I had already seen it but again, so much more fun when watching it with friends.  By the time we finished watching the show and chatting it was close to 2am!  I was kind of freezing and they were making fun of me and said it was probably warmer outside.  Well we go to take Jessica home and the top was down in the jeep and let’s just say we were all FREEZING to death! Besides the freezing it was so fun.  I stayed over at Gooch’s for the night and didn’t go to bed till after 4am! 


 We are awesome at these pictures
 Just a little out of focus




Papsy mowing the yard-for the 7th time

Jamie hanging up the burlap curtains

Thankfully we got to sleep in a little bit.  Then we headed over to Haileys to help set up for the wedding. 



The C's raspberry bushes, which have made paying for raspberrys in AZ so annoying!
I got my friends to walk over to a garage sale, we didn’t get anything, but it was fun to sneak out of working. When we got back we had to run to the store for something else, and of course a diet coke for Jamie.



 It was the best to see Uncle Val and Aunt Lisa…they are my favorite of Hailey’s family!  Uncle Val did all of the center pieces for the tables, can you believe it?!? It was fun to sit and talk with them in the shop while they were doing flowers.  Turns out Aunt Lisa went to high school with like all the people in the Relief Society General Presidency.  If only should could have gone to school with Sister Parkin! 



7pm came quick and people started coming to the reception that was in Hailey’s backyard and Papsy’s new barn.  It could have been a tad bit cooler since we were dancing out of control, but other than that it was a great night, I just wish we could have danced longer. 











The C's Tammy and Kyle

Same Goof Face




My new Kardashian sister
My candy boyfriend



The reason I love this new husband: he is super fun!

Cutting the cake

My Favs- Uncle Val and Aunt Lisa
I NEVER get the bouqet

After the wedding we ended up at Winco and then headed over to Ashley’s.  We talked for a little bit and then it was time for them to take me home.  This time we drove with Parka’s so we would be warm.  Turns out when you’re on eagle road in the middle of the night, you get these ideas to do crazy things…and because its so late at night you end up doing them!!!J  It was so freakin awesome, def our happiest moment of the day!  I loved driving that jeep and literally have thought about buying one for real. 



Sunday is when we all left L  Everyone from Utah went to church early so they could start their drive back.  Thankfully Hailey lives next to the church so they just walked over to say goodbye.  Shelby Jake Brig and I all went to the late singles ward.  And it’s nice to know that singles wards are just the same as anywhere else, there are weirdos everywhere.  Before Jake left Papsy went down the road to the nursey home and asked if they would like some centerpieces, which meant we loaded all the mason jar flowers into the truck and went to deliver them.  Then Jake left and finally Papsy and Tammy drove me to the airport. 
The trip was awesome and what sucked more than anything was calling Jamie a day or two after I got back home to ask her about the tanning machine and realizing she wasn’t just right down the street, but hundreds of miles away.  It would be so awesome for us to live closer together, but it does make the time that we do get to spend together that much more special-plus I love calling Eagle my second home.  We all agreed though that our roommate reunions are a lot better when there isent a wedding involved and not in eagle.  Thus we have been thinking of a cruise soon!!!


BFFS

2 comments:

Kara said...

Such a fun trip. Can't wait for the non-wedding, non-Eagle trip though. So many unforgettable moments this time though.

dana rose said...

This is great. What a weekend. Also, I'm glad you didn't take any pictures of me naked with a bag over my head. Cheers.