Sunday, March 25, 2012

The date that ended with one head light


Dating stories never really get old. And since I’ve been on so many, I’ve got a good storehouse of them. This one has got to be top 5 for sure. I haven’t really been in a lot of car accidents in my life and I’ve never been in one while I was on a date. We went to dinner at Pei Wei and then headed over to see Annie at Mountain Ridge High School. Everything seemed to be going well, I was getting really tired, so he was driving me home. We were headed west on deer valley just about to cross 75th avenue when a car in the opposite direction decided to turn left right in front of us. I couldn’t exactly remember the light being green for us, but I know it wasn’t red and even the witnesses said it was green. We didn’t hit dead on, because he was turning and Clint tried to swerve but it was pretty near a head on collision. All I remember is trying to block the airbags with my hands (just like on blindside). I had never been in a car accident where airbags went off and was amazed at how much smoke/gas they produce. I opened my eyes and felt like I couldn’t breathe-clean air…so I started to try and open the door. Clint asked if I was ok, and surprisingly I was, I could feel my neck and back hurt, and my leg from hitting the dashboard. I walked over to the QT and when I came back the cops had arrived. The officer asked for my ID and then said, so are you guys husband and wife?…us-nope…officer- boyfriend and girlfriend? …no, this is our first date. Then she asked if we wanted to take a picture. We were both too freaked out to think it was that funny. The officer asked my opinion as to if the guy just made the turn or if he paused and then made the turn for which I responded, honestly I have no clue, all I was thinking was, why is this guy turning in front of us because it made no sense. Clint’s dad made it to the accident and offered to take me home. I could have stayed but I was pretty cold so he dropped me off since Clint couldn’t leave yet. It def was a date to remember, an accident-having my date’s dad take me home…those things don’t happen every day.
Clint kept asking me if I was ok, and I would respond yeah, I’m doing great actually…if only he knew how I get panic attacks and hyperventilate over nothing or pass out for no reason at all. Considering that I usually get sick to my stomach just driving by accidents like I was in, I was doing freakin awesome!
The next day I discovered all the bruises on my body from the seatbelt and hitting the different parts of the car inside. My neck and back hurt for a few days and I couldn’t move really, but all of a sudden on the third day I could move-and dance in the car again, I even mowed my lawn.

No comments: