Friday, March 9, 2012

2011 Year in Review: December



At the beginning of the month, I kind of became obsessed with pallets, thanks to a little old website called Pinterest. I don’t know what made me think, build everything out of pallets for the rest of your life, but I did. So then the hunt became pallets so I could build everything I wanted out of them. On the web they make it sound so easy like everyone just wants to get rid of them, when in reality most people do not want to give them away at all! So finally I found this guy on facebook and loaded my dad’s trailer up with as many as I could. The following Saturday I spent taking them all apart! Yeah again, not as easy as they make it sound on Pinterest either. Technically I only broke one blade, but I may or may not have broke my Dads saws all. Now they are all cut up and ready to be built into a raised garden and entertainment center. The worst part was walking down the aisle at home depot and seeing how cheap freakin wood is?!?! My whole motivation for building out of pallets was that it was free wood! But flip I had no idea that I could have bought wood for so cheap!
The second week in December my mom and I headed up to Las Vegas to visit my aunt in boulder city and go to Cowboy Christmas. My hands are so small that it’s hard to find a pair of gloves that even fit. But up there they have more than just small med large and xlarge.
Making muddy buddies with Aunt Claudia and my mom
Even though all my Christmas shopping was done, I still needed to wrap everything and then good old Pinterest got me again and I was working on Reinbeers for my neighbors, which literally didn’t get finished until Christmas eve at about 10pm.
Every time Christmas is on a Sunday, I feel like we should go to church every Christmas regardless of whether or not it actually is on a Sunday or not. I like focusing on Christ and his birth before going crazy opening gifts up. The boys did pretty good though and they were really excited to open their gifts. My favorite part about Christmas was that I got to take a nap. It was so nice and warm compared to my house. I try to save money every way possible so I hadn’t turned my heat on this year yet and most mornings I wake up to it being 61 degrees. I feel like I never get to take naps, so it was so enjoyable. We went over to my aunt’s house for the Overfield Christmas and it was like every Overfield party-Crazy because of the drunks. Well to be fair they weren’t that bad, but my Uncle kissed everyone on the lips and could hardly walk. Needless to say my dad ended up driving him home.

No comments: