Sunday, August 23, 2009

Boise-Day 2 Shooting Montana

Thursday was an amazing day. Woke up and was getting ready, when I didn't know what to wear. Gunnar called Paps and we were good to go shooting, so that made my clothing decision easy, camo shorts it was. We headed down to Wally world for some essentials, clay pigeons, ear plugs, and a 12 pack of pop. Drove just a few minutes from the house and Gunnar counted off 100 yards. He was money shooting the rifles. I on the other hand, couldn't hit a target to save my life. I felt bad for wasting just a few rounds of his ammo. Once we switched to the shotgun, it was another story. I really loved that gun, it seemed as if I couldn't miss. From candles to oranges to beer cans and clays, there wasn't much I didn't hunt down. And when we didn't hit them in the air, we just walked right up and took them out point blank. My proudest moment was hitting an egg with the shotgun, you can bet I yelled a yee haw when that egg splattered high in the ID sky. Gunnar and I highly suggest shooting candles too, they smell so nice after being shot. The afternoon of shooting couldn't get much better than a stop at the snow shack on State Street.
'Ready Stance'
Aim
Fire


We picked up Butch and Mckayla from day care and Tammy made us sloppy joes while we waited for the rest of our crew to get here. It was fun catching up and finally getting to see Cristy (she is the one who most recently got back from a mission) and tease her again. I had Gunnar try and teach me how to do a back flip on the tramp, but while I did improve, I realized eventually there was no hope, especially with my thumb being out of whack.
We ended the night by watching Hannah Montana, (we all couldn't get enough of that boy) and it wouldn't have been an end of the night without a little dance party where we all tried to learn the pop it lock it polka dot it song

1 comment:

Julianne said...

You are having way too much fun without us!