Monday, May 25, 2009

Ice Skating Moves and Movies

There are two movies that come to mind when I think of ice skating. First The Cutting Edge a 90s classic and Blades of Glory a pointless comedy. As we started skating with 13 year olds it didn't take long to figure out that a duel of doubles was in order. Katie and Owen took the Cutting Edge approach, coming up with a full on around the rink program. Justen and I on the other hand decided to go with the Blades of Glory scenario and try one crazy move. We wanted to do something were I was flying in the air, but even though my balance is awesome the idea of flying blades, small children, and my panic attacks we decided against a throw. Here are a few pictures from the night when the ice melted for more reason than one!


You let us know who really won the competition



3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm thinking those videos were rigged, since Katie and Owen's was so dark you couldn't even see them, and yours was in perfect lighting. I can't give an accurate vote with the evidence given. But, it does look like you had a great time :)

katie said...

Thank you Tara...if only you could have seen ALL our moves...it was a clear win...but since there is no evidence, we will have to have a rematch...mmm, so many ideas...

Julianne said...

Oh my! Bree- is there a date yet?