Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2 Worlds 2 Voices

You may remember a while back, I went to a concert called, 2 worlds 2 voices. It featured two artists, one from country, one from pop. Yes of course that was the Reba and Kelly concert. In December, I had the opportunity of attending another concert, that could have very well been titled, 2 world 2 voices. This concert featured two artist, one from Canada, one from Heber City Utah. Its hard to compare the two really, in the video below it might be hard to determine, who is who, is it Shelly singing 'power of love', or Celine? From a distance it may look as if Shelly is dressed immodestly dancing around the stage, but one thing is certain, though vastly different in range and accord, their audiences are strangely similar. I would hypothesize that the average age of either concert was roughly 68 years old. Literally I was astonished by the geriatric crowds of each famous artist. My favorite part of each concert: during Celine's concert she had these amazing treadmill like platforms, after Shelly's concert going to olive garden. Even though the talent was on the same level, the price of tickets was drastically different, Shellbell (her stage name) played at "The Forum" for free, while Celine played at "Jobing.com Arena" for 170 dollars a ticket! despite the reinforced glass, this was not a mental institution.


This was backstage with their vocal coach




4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Did you take that video? I seriously got excited when I read that you had video of Shellbell singing, Celine was a bit of a disappointment. Looks like you had fun at both concerts.

Shelly Rowlan said...

You definitely got your money's worth at my concert. In fact, you may get a rebate for attending. Also I bet no one fell asleep or sang over the top of Celine during her concert--just added bonuses. Thanks for the advert---you're my new agent. So now I have a vocal coach, and an agent, and (obviously) talent, where do I go from here?

Ashley said...

Thanks for posting video of the Celine concert! It was soooo awesome!! And Shelly, you mentioned a rebate....I'm interested. j/k

Shelly Rowlan said...

Ash I'm afraid to give you a rebate for fear you will spend it on jetskis, white couches and that other thing--I won't contribute to the delinquincy of a minor--okay you're not a minor, but you know, you're the other thing.