Thursday, October 30, 2008

Projects

I felt bad for leaving Bill yesterday since I didn't have another coupon and thought Court would enjoy it more, so I told him we would do some projects. I wanted to do something for their school teachers because after being a sub I know for sure they need something to brighten their day and with the way my foster brothers behave they really need something! So I decided to make carmel apples, I even had grand visions of sprinkling candy bar pieces on them like at Rocky Mountain, but lets just say its not as easy as it looks. In fact I will never make these apples again, it is so not worth it. I was at Rocky Mountain and they had these cute ghost apples, covered in white chocolate, 5.75, I thought man that's kind of alot, but freak after supplies and heartache, I would much rather choose the 5.75. But at least now I know never to make them again, lesson learned. I also thought it would be fun to decorate the house by painting a pumpkin on our glass door. In college if it was someone birthday we would paint on the windows for when they woke up. I hope this paint comes off like it did back then, otherwise I'm in trouble. When the kids came home from school I told them that a ghost painted it. I let Bill finish the face, he wanted it to be scary. We also made ghosts out of suckers and since he loves stickers I had him make the thank you cards for his school teacher.
I think he is trying to mimic what the pumpkin will look like when finished

apples I will never make again!


2 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Look at you Miss Crafty Lady! That is so cute that you painted a giant pumpkin on the window and made carmel apples with your fosters brothers! Thats what the holidays are all about!

P.S. I want to see a picture of you guys dressed up like Teletubbies! I only saw a pic of Krista in her Teletubbie costume! Where did you guys get those??

Cheryl said...

Wow, you went to a lot of work, girlfriend! I'm proud of you!