Monday, March 9, 2015

Saddie Hawkins

I didn't go to a single dance in high school, and hadn't really heard of a sadie hawkins dance until I was much older.  A friend had asked to be a chaperone for her daughter and friends while she was out of town.  At the same time a friend had told me of a brother who would be in Mesa.  I figured if I had to go as a chaperon, I might as well take a date myself!

We started the day out rock climbing, which really just made me realize how out of shape, and how long it has been since I have been out really rock climbing.
There were several points when I didn't think I was going to make it to the top.  I thought of giving up way more than one should, but after so many attempts I finally made it!!! It was very gratifying.

Our date started out picking the kids up.  We drove down to tempe town lake a rented a boat to ride around in while we ate dinner-sub sandwiches.





After the boat dinner we headed over to laser tag and let the kids play a round while we went and got sonic drinks.  Of course once the kids saw that we got drinks, they wanted drinks!
Then we were off to the dance.  I was def not impressed with the music they played, nothing I would have danced do.  We sat in the back on some tables they had and talked about religion and the hard life of an old single mormon. :) For my first saddie hawkins it def was a night I won't ever forget I imagine.

No comments: