Monday, March 2, 2015

New Truck


I feel like Ive always had a truck, until gas prices sky rocketed and it was extremely expensive to drive a 4Runner that got 12 miles to the gallon.  It took me 3 months to decide to buy a car.  I based my decision soley on the best gas mileage and went with a 2005 corolla.  It def was a great decision when I was driving 80 miles a day for work.  But for some reason, I have always felt like I needed a truck.  I searched criagslist, would go to check out this truck or that truck, trying to get the best deal.  I had gotten back from Utah when I realized instead of things that didn't bring me value I would get rid of everything in order to get what would make me happy-a truck. I ran across this old APS truck with a crushed side.  I was able to get the price down as much as I thought and decided to make the purchase. I spent a few weeks fixing the door and cleaning with a steamer the entire inside.



I really wanted a backup cam in this truck as well as a new radio….So of course I got on craigslist and found this guy trying to sell a radio for a hundred bucks.  I offered him 40 and asked if he could meet me but he said he didn't have gas money to drive.  So I drove all the way over to mesa and got the touch screen dvd player.  I ordered the backup camera online for like 6 bucks, ran some wire to the tail light and with a few tries I finally got it to work…and I freakin love it, its so handy




No comments: