Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Disneyland

At the airport super early!


First airplane ride with other people-I always fly alone
Shuttle

Screamin Cali
Tower of Terror!

Killing each other

Fighter



Ferris Wheel










Bugs Life

Splash Mountain

One late night I received an email from Southwest Airlines saying there was a special half off deal to fly on Jan 31 and Feb 1st. You had to order that day. Without even thinking I started booking flights! I booked 8 for what I thought would be a fun and quick mother-daughter plus aunt trip to Disneyland. Once the flight was booked, a good deal on Disneyland tickets was the next goal. A great friend-Waddie-tried everything and even went to Disneyland to get us tickets, but it didn’t work. Finally one of Shelly’s relative’s relative was able to go to the Disney store and got us a deal on tickets.
A day before our trip my mother got deathly ill and couldn’t drive to Vegas to fly with my aunt and had to miss the trip L We went to California Adventure the first day so that we could see world of color which did not disappoint-though it was a lot longer show than I thought. The “adults” (not me)wanted to go on every ride. I basically just wanted to go on Screamin California and tower of terror over and over again, but I guess it was a good thing, because the toy story ride was actually pretty cool- obviously because it involved shooting and I was a pro. At the very end, we broke out running from ride to ride so that we could go on it one last time before the water show. It did involve getting yelled at by some employees, but hey I wanted to take advantage of every second! World of Color was pretty awesome too, it was way better than I thought it was going to be. We walked over to Mcdonads and had dinner at 9pm. I don’t remember a fish sandwich being 5 bucks..but I guess that is Disneyland for ya. I thought for sure we would have time to go down to the hot tub, but turns out California Adventure is exhausting oh and getting up at 4am so we could make it to the airport on time didn’t help either!
Day 2 was devoted to Disneyland. So if you’re not like 8 years old, all the rides at Disneyland are pretty boring compared to California Adventure. The first ride we had to hit was Indian Jones, I usually like to pretend that I am on a bull while on the ride, but it wasn’t nearly as fun as usual. The ride seemed so jerky and was rough on my old body. Haunted Mansion was closed, but thankfully only for a little bit and we were able to ride it later in the day. We hit, pirates, some Alison and wonderland ride, Toon town, autotopia..took the train a bit. I was looking forward to two things-dole pineapple yogurt (5 bucks, but so worth it) and gumbo. The gumbo was incredibly spicy and if only I had a take home box, I couldn’t finish it at all, or even come close. Again, I always thought space mountain was a little fun, but compared to the big rides in California adventure it was child’s play. Last time I was at Disneyland the Star War ride was closed. This time it was open, and easily my favorite ride there…atleast for the first experience. I guess they updated all the graphics and there are like 54 different rides. I think it was so awesome because you didn’t know what was going to happen. My favorite part was the lizard and we also had a really fun group of people that were yelling and stuff. The night ended trying to find a bear hat, which was semi unsuccessful.
We left the park, got in our rental van, almost died on the freeway going back to the airport and made it safely home around midnight. Too bad I had to work in the morning!

Highlights from the trip include-driving on 4 different freeways at night without having my lights on, star wars ride (so amazing), pinkberry and my all time favorite yogurt flavor-blood orange- Gumbo and pineapple yogurt juice, the best weather ever, tower of terror and making up different poses, the beginning of screamin California and making our flight home (I was freaking out for a minute)

No comments: