Friday, February 24, 2012

2011 Year in Review: June




June was another busy month. Julia came through with another major hook up to the science center and body world exhibit. We even got to ride a bike that was suspended and would not tip over.

June was also the month I went on the 4th year hike campout for the 4th time since being home from college (that’s 9 times total). The girls were super fun and I didn’t have to yell at one of them! This time I came prepared with an extra pair of shoes, just in case something happened on the hike and sure enough one of the girls shoes bottom’s came right off. The hike was awesome as always and all the girls made it.

One of my friends got married and I happened to be watching my other friends kids at the same time. The kids were super well behaved, granted I did use Dunkin Donuts as a motivator and it worked like a charm.
Just as soon as the 4th year hike was over it seemed like I was up at Girls Camp again! Every year I tweak my classes a bit, and this year it really got tweaked. I’ve used the same poison Ivey picture for a few years and literally the night before we left I couldn’t find it anywhere. Not having a printer to recreate it, I ended up loading pictures onto my ipad and it actually turned out pretty cool! I had no idea poison ivy could be so gross and disgusting! Since I had the ipad, I decided to load 2 of my favorite Mormon messages. Before we started certification we would watch a clip and then go around and tell one thing that we learned or found interesting. These girls were legit, I didn’t get Sunday school answers at all. Of course I ended by using my favorite story of all time and telling them how certification for camp is important- it could be handy to know what poison ivy looks like and how to treat it or how to react in severe weather but what’s most important is listening to the spirit and following his promptings.
Girls Camp highlights include sneaking up on cabins, making Julianne and Julia fall trying to sneak up on me, snipe hunting, Cindy getting groped by Aaron John and mayonnaise, bringing chicken of the sea and thinking it actually was chicken, ride the pony-dance party.


No comments: